Wednesday, May 24, 2006

the good & the bad.

bad news first!
queensland lost by a point... and although i knew NSW deserved the victory a whole lot more than QLD b/c of their commanding display, i was still awful crushed.... to lose by a point!!! to get so close!!!! so dramatic!!!! johnathan thurston converting that steve bell try at the 75th minute! and we fucking lost....
sigh....
ah well... there's always the next game...

the good...
i saw amelie after the game, in hope that it will cheer me up. and cheer me up it did. what a delightful movie. it's the first movie since "only yesterday" (the japanese anime film) where i got weepy eyes in a.......... i won't give the ending away.... well, yes, i got weepy eyes, but it made me a little happy, even! and i'm always grumpy after a queeensland loss. thank you, amelie, for cheering me up!
p.s. anyone who's not seen this film---- for those who have a penchant for fairytales/fairyfloss light films.... amelie's for you.... the last scenes gave me not only a warm fuzzy feeling... it gave me the same feeling i got when i found out (years ago) that the person i once liked actually liked me back. that.... shiver up your spine... and it's a good shiver...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

who was that person??

Marge said...

hehe.... i think you know who he is :p