Wednesday, January 18, 2006

a taste of chinese medicine

dad and i visited a "chinese doctor" in a last ditch effort to get rid of my acne.

after taking my pulse and looking at my tongue, the doc asked me a few questions like: 1. how much i shat 2. what i eat 3. how long this has been going on etc...

weird!

i'm going to stick with this because a few people have told me that this method works. so what i'm left with is the medicine that tastes like liquid shit. i thought something was wrong when i saw that they were giving away free "haw flakes" (san jar bang)... they were to make the liquid shit a little sweeter. but the stuff just ends up tasting like sweet liquid shit, which is still shit... willpower will get me through this!

also, i'm not allowed to eat spicy foods, alcohol (damn!), cow, lamb and seafoods.... which basically bans me from eating my favourite foods. i'll have to stick with chicken stirfries from now on.

but hey, anything to get rid of this bout of acne. it's been going on for a year and a half and i'm none the wiser on how to stop it.

No comments: