Wednesday, August 02, 2006

huzzah!!!!

A very happy couple doing the charleston (circa 1920's)

4-6pm of today was one of the happiest two hours of 2006 :) like all the 1 1/2 to 2 hours of dancing lessons i've done this past year....

mohammad drissi came along to give us a guest lecture and class. he's been there, done that, trained under matt mattox, bob rizzo etc etc etc... had amazing stories to tell. we learnt the charleston... got me going!! then the lindy, swing dance, the mambo, and chorus line dancin'. good stuff.... nothing else cheers me up like dancing... especially this sort of dancing :) it's just so... happy.... you cannot dance the charleston with a frown on your face, that's a FACT. mo' even talked about carol haney and bobby fosse and ann reiking and gwen verdon... sends shivers up my spine... i've finally arrived at a place where i can let all my MT obsession out with gusto, without having people stare at me as if i'm a complete weirdo.

No comments: